Hubbard R&D: a successful combination of the latest technologies and international experience serving the different needs of the poultry industry around the world.
Hubbard has more than 90 years of experience in developing, breeding and marketing genetics for the worldwide poultry industry. Hubbard products cover all type of markets from the “Label Rouge” type broiler to the highest yielding broiler in the market place.
Hubbard operates broiler research centers in France (Chateaubourg) and in the United States (Walpole-NH) – each with its own breeding and testing facilities. This enables Hubbard to provide the industry with these advantages:
- We maintain a large and diverse gene pool from which to develop new products.
- We test all phases of performance (breeder, broiler, and processing) for our developing products and our current commercial products – and compare those against the offerings of competitors worldwide.
- We breed pure lines and develop the products for tomorrow under various environmental conditions (type of feed or growing densities, for example).
We are in the unique position of combining our proven hands-on approach to broiler breeding with cutting-edge. Hubbard draws on their unique position to explore and assimilate many different technologies:
- Our proven tradition of excellence in husbandry and breeding remains the foundation of our product development. Our main emphasis continues to be on growing our pure line flocks in conditions that allow each individual to fully express its genetic potential for growth, feed conversion, health, meat yields, and reproduction.
- We apply advanced technologies, such as oximetry and blood gas analysis, to appraise the health and robustness of each candidate for our elite breeding flocks better than ever before.
- We routinely analyze the performance data on hundreds of thousands of birds, using modern genetic analysis computer programs. This ensures that the birds with the optimum genetic potential for multiple traits are identified and utilized as breeders for the next generations of pure lines.
- In the near future, Hubbard will apply DNA markers, assisted selection and other biotechnology developments for even greater knowledge of the genetic potential of each individual.
Hubbard is one of the first breeders to recognize that different segments of the broiler market require different optimum combinations of performances. Applying this insight, Hubbard was the first company to develop a successful high white meat yielding product – and that same spirit lives on today. Hubbard research is currently producing a portfolio that ranges from products bred to perform well under the most challenging conditions, to products that will provide the highest meat yield commercially available. And that’s just the beginning of our continuing innovation in the field of broiler research.